Yerf-Dog - 6.5 Honda - Torque Converter

Murray & Yerf-Dog (USA) Fun-Karts, GoCarts

Yerf-Dog - 6.5 Honda - Torque Converter

Postby Boostcreepr » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:23 pm

I just bought this kart for $200 and it had a new belt and a torque converter on it and it fires up real easy and runs great except for a few things.

1. when starting off the thing jerks hard a few times before it accually starts to go.. sometimes it doesnt go as fast as it normally does but in mid flight it just kicks in and goes without change in rpm or anything.

2. Ive noticed after about 1 hr of running ive broken a tooth off the torque sprocket...

3. The new belt was almost completely sheard of all teeth in about an 40 minutes on my 3rd run with it.

Now im a big guy, 240lbs or so and im really not looking forward to spending 40 dollars a belt everytime i wanna have some fun. Is there an adjustment to fix this issue or should i do what my brain tells me too and just yank the torque converter off and use the chain drive instead. Now another thing, I live in florida, there is no hills and i ride on pavement and some dirt and grass.. so i feel i dont really need the converter. Any suggestions??

Ohh and my names bobby, this is my first post :) Great Site! thanks for having me.

Also wanted to mention, I was looking at swapping this in place of the converter.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200310370
Boostcreepr

Postby matt8960 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:55 pm

make sure the pulleys are aligned, if theyre not then it could be causing the problem. also, i dont know what condition the belt was when you bought the cart, but if it was old it would be causing some of the problems. what cart do you have?
matt8960
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Boostcreepr » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:11 am

the belt was new. everything looks pretty strait and aligned. I was reading on how to tell what model you have but i dont have the original motor so im not sure. Ill add a pic here so u can take a look.

i recently took the roll cage off since i was hitting my head on it. i plan on fabbing somthing up to to leave some head room.

Boostcreepr

Postby matt8960 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:37 am

maybe the belt isnt the right type, there are 2 main types: assymetrical and symetrical
matt8960
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Murray / Yerf Dog Go-Karts