Still trying to figure out what the make\model# is!!!

Misc. (Import) Go-Karts and Buggies

Still trying to figure out what the make\model# is!!!

Postby Dave Sawicz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Check out the cart in my gallery. I bought it for my son a couple weeks ago. I have know idea what it is and need to order brake parts, sprocket clutch and chain for it.

5hp Tecumseh. 2 seater.
Dave S.
Clifton Park NY
Dave Sawicz
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Still trying to figure out what the make\model# is!!!

Postby BlackScorpion » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:58 am

Dave Sawicz wrote:Check out the cart in my <A href=http://www.gokartsrus.com/go-kart_forum/album.html>Gallery</A>. I bought it for my son a couple weeks ago. I have know idea what it is and need to order brake parts, sprocket clutch and chain for it.

5hp Tecumseh. 2 seater.

Dave, welcome to GKRU. That looks like an earlier Manco, (see this link) model # i have no idea yet.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Thanks.

Postby Dave Sawicz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks for getting back to me. I also have been searching the net for old pictures. Did you check out the additional pictures I put in my gallery. I am glad you think it is a Manco because everything I'm reading about older Yerf Dog's is not good. I also saw similar pictures of older Manco's, but when I came across the Yerf Dog model 1204 I was leaning toward it being one of those. The frame on the pic of the Manco is different. The one thing i have noticed, please let me know if I'm wrong, is that the engine mount plate on most Mancos is welded side to side, and the Yerf's are front to back. The decal in front of the seat was definitely similar to the one in the pic you sent me.
Thanks again for your help. Take a look at my gallery.
I still have a little time, we still have two foot of snow on the ground. Hoping to have it ready for early spring.

Let me know if I'm way off on what i found.
Dave S.
Clifton Park NY
Dave Sawicz
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Go-Karts & Buggies (anything goes!)