Disappointed with low end torque from 212cc

Misc. (Import) Go-Karts and Buggies

Disappointed with low end torque from 212cc

Postby Matthew1 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 am

I have just purchased a racing go kart/drifter with no motor and have had a brand new 212cc predator 4 stroke motor installed but am very disappointed with the low end torque. Is there a solution? Is a 2 stroke motor the answer? I have a 91' RM 80cc Suzuki (2 stroke) that I can use the motor from. Would that be a better option or are there particular upgrades that may work for my 212cc (4 stroke) motor to increase the low end torque? I'm about to purchase a 12 tooth sprocket hoping that will help some. Governor has been removed already. Frankly, I want this kart to spin out on concrete with the slicks already on it upon take off. I don't really care so much about top end performance so long as I can launch off the line satisfactorily rather than creeping forward. Is there a solution?
Matthew1

Ride: 212cc predator drift

Re: Disappointed with low end torque from 212cc

Postby BlackScorpion » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:05 pm

maybe putting bigger engine and changing gears. But let me direct you to this post, regarding the top & low end speed discussion
http://www.gokartsrus.com/go-kart_forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2363
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Postby Matthew1 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:55 am

Thanks for your reply. I checked out the link and I have now actually upgraded to a 72 tooth sprocket on the chassis as well as a new jet for the carb and air filter and an upgraded exhaust I am about to lengthen the chain to accommodate the new sprocket and will test run tomorrow morning. Will report my progress asap. :)
Matthew1

Ride: 212cc predator drift

Postby BlackScorpion » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:47 am

Matthew1 wrote:Thanks for your reply. I checked out the link and I have now actually upgraded to a 72 tooth sprocket on the chassis as well as a new jet for the carb and air filter and an upgraded exhaust I am about to lengthen the chain to accommodate the new sprocket and will test run tomorrow morning. Will report my progress asap. :)

Nice post pictures if you can, would be nice to see how it runs.
]If it aint broke.... then MODIFY it!
Think Different....Think outside the box...

BlackScorpion
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Ride: Carter XTV 150

Return to Go-Karts & Buggies (anything goes!)