Need help identifying off road kart / buggy

Misc. (Import) Go-Karts and Buggies

Need help identifying off road kart / buggy

Postby GoldKart » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:01 am

I just picked up a used off road go kart/buggy and I cant find any identifying tags, marks or numbers anywhere. I have scoured the internet for two days and I am unable to identify this kart/buggy. I am attaching some pics and it does have some unique features. It has independent suspension on all for wheels. Is has a steering rack, not the typical basic steering linkage. It has a hydraulic disc brake on the rear and it's most interesting feature is that the steering wheel is attached to a bar that tilts up and down. I guess to adjust it, or maybe just make it easier to get in and out? It unfortunately appears to be missing the piece that locks that bar in place on the drivers side, but you can see the attachment points for it on both the frame and the "steering bar". It is pretty wide for a two seater (about 5 ft from wheel to wheel) and i believe it's about 7 ft long, bumper to bumper. It has these... i dont know what to cal them... maybe "step bars" on both sides. It also has a front and rear pushbar, or, almost a bumper, sort of. There is a rack on the back as well above the motor. The frame tubing is pretty large at 1.5" diameter tubing. It has 19x7-8 tires on all four wheels. The engine is a predator, but has no identifying decals or indication of the size or HP. I am going to try to find a serial number on the engine tomorrow. I could not find any tag or serial number on the frame. I keep leaning towards Manco or Murray because of the headrests and the rear end configuration, which reminds me of the Manco Bad Cat, but its definitely not a Bad Cat. I believe Manco karts and buggys typically have fixed steering wheels. I was really hoping that that tilting steering bar would help make this easy to identify, but i am stumped. I guess from it's size, this would qualify as more of an off road "buggy", as opposed to a kart, but that's really here nor there. I looked through all the manco models that I could find and I didnt see this kart anywhere. Maybe it's Chinese or something, but it's a seriously stout, well built, full featured kart. It does not have electric start, or lights or anything like that though. I am stumped and could really use some help identifying this. Any help is greatly appreciated!
GoldKart
Rookie
Rookie

Ride: Manco Dingo

Re: Need help identifying off road kart / buggy

Postby GoldKart » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:18 am

Here are the pics. Had to resize.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220228-020459_Gallery.jpg
GoldKart
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GoldKart » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:19 am

Additional pics
Attachments
Screenshot_20220228-021428_Gallery.jpg
GoldKart
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GoldKart » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:23 am

Side view, note the "steering bar"??
Attachments
Screenshot_20220228-021145_Gallery.jpg
GoldKart
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GoldKart » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:24 am

Right side
Attachments
Screenshot_20220228-021301_Gallery.jpg
GoldKart
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GoldKart » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:25 am

Rear
Attachments
Screenshot_20220228-021354_Gallery.jpg
GoldKart
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GoldKart » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:26 am

Front
Attachments
Screenshot_20220228-021103_Gallery.jpg
GoldKart
Rookie
Rookie

Postby comet » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:13 pm

looks like a stingray to me but i cold be wrong
comet

Ride: Sunl slgk 250-2a

Postby panchothedog » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:07 pm

Don't know if you are still looking to I D your kart. Post is seven months old.
Anyway it is a Baja motor sports, Baja Blaster 65. I own one. I bought mine brand new 14 years ago. Still have it. Great kart. It was discontinued in 2008, and the company went out of business in 2012 or 2013. The movable steering bar can be fixed to the frame with a heavy 6" turnbuckel. Run a jam nut onto the side that is threaded in the normal orientation to keep it locked and not move. Then it is adjustable. I bought this for one of my grandsons when he was 4. He is now 18.
Needless to say it has been adjusted several times. Other than one broken weld it has been a great kart, and for the last couple of years we have been running a very heavely modified predator engine putting out about 16 HP. You got a car worth hanging on to.
panchothedog

Ride: Mango intruder

Return to Go-Karts & Buggies (anything goes!)