Honda Gx200 Carb

China Import Engines

Honda Gx200 Carb

Postby stric9 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:07 am

I work at a small kart track and we have a new mechanic. We have two karts that wont stay running and we have noticed that the pilot screw is missing from both of the carbs. Could this be the problem? I also noticed that on the other carbs the pilot screw is non adjustible. If this is the problem do they make a replacement for it? Also on some of the others they will not run unless the choke is set in a certain spot is there an easy fix for that too? I'm not knowledgible to diagnose the problems but I'm handy enough to fix any of them if I get an answer. Thanks for all the help.
stric9

Postby Red-85-Z51 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:56 pm

Most HONDA carbs have 2 adjustments. A Base idle screw at the top of the carb that holds the throttle shutter off its seat and sets the base idle speed. And a Idle air bleed mixture screw at the rear of the carb, on the side of the flange facing the valve cover.

This helps regulate idle speed and how the engine reacts when it comes off idle.

The PILOT jet is located on the top if the side of the carb, some are brass, some are plastic and press in...this jet meters the amount of FUEL that goes into the idle circuit.

If wither the Air bleed needle or Pilot jet is missing...I dont beleive it will run.
Red-85-Z51
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby stric9 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:08 am

Thanks for the info Red. Now I have another question for you. I talked the manager into letting me bring home one of the engines that the previous mechanic labeled as junk I'm not so sure that they are junk I think that they need some TLC and would run decently once cleaned up and rebuilt. My question is this. What is the best thing to use to clean one of these engines top to bottom inside and out? I was thinking along the lines of filling up a small bucket with alittle gas letting them soak for a bit them scrubbing them with an old toothbrush. Will this work or will it do more harm than good. I pretty much have to cover expense other than ordering new parts to get them working again. So the cheaper the solution the better. Thanks for any help I get.
stric9

Return to Honda Clones / GY6 / CN / CF / CH250