GY6 clone trans problem

China Import Engines

GY6 clone trans problem

Postby asand » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi guys,

I have a Yerf Dog CUV with the 10 hp Howhit engine. I've recently had a couple of issues with it. One is with cold start: I have to spray some starter fluid in the carb to get the fuel flowing. Once engine cranks fuel pulls through, but it doesn't want to "pull" until then. I'm assuming the fuel pump (diaphragm?) has issues?

The second problem started yesterday. When I put it into R, the transmission (or something related) "pops" before moving. In F, the rollers on the chain tensioner (I believe) bounce up and down on the chain until you get going and then engages properly.

If anyone has any ideas about these I would love to hear them. In addition, is there any place to find a decent diagram of the engine? I'm trying to find my way around it (and it is apparently a simple design) but I'm just afraid to start yanking on things (what I believe to be the spark plug wire, for example). Thanks
asand

Re: GY6 clone trans problem

Postby kliff » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:42 am

asand wrote:Hi guys,

I have a Yerf Dog CUV with the 10 hp Howhit engine. I've recently had a couple of issues with it. One is with cold start: I have to spray some starter fluid in the carb to get the fuel flowing. Once engine cranks fuel pulls through, but it doesn't want to "pull" until then. I'm assuming the fuel pump (diaphragm?) has issues?

The second problem started yesterday. When I put it into R, the transmission (or something related) "pops" before moving. In F, the rollers on the chain tensioner (I believe) bounce up and down on the chain until you get going and then engages properly.

If anyone has any ideas about these I would love to hear them. In addition, is there any place to find a decent diagram of the engine? I'm trying to find my way around it (and it is apparently a simple design) but I'm just afraid to start yanking on things (what I believe to be the spark plug wire, for example). Thanks

The rectangular Mikuni pump is usually good, but if it isn't getting the job done, go to your local auto parts staor, tell 'em you want a 'FACET' low pressure fuel pump, #42S, IIRK, and a 1-5psi regulator. Then instal a #38 pilot jet in the carb, and shim the needle .020" or raise the needle clip one position, for a richer needle.

Haynes makes a scooter manual, with a lot of good general GY6 engine info. PM me, and I'll try to help further.
kliff
kliff
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Honda Clones / GY6 / CN / CF / CH250