GY6 Clone Will Idle but won't Accelerate

China Import Engines

GY6 Clone Will Idle but won't Accelerate

Postby rakiddy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:19 pm

Dear Gentlemen,
I recently purchased a Chinese Buggy that wasn't running. I have since got it running by putting a new carburetor and coil on it. Since this the motor will start but won't accelerate when the throttle is pressed. I have gone over the vacuum lines with a fine tooth comb and am sure that they are attached correctly. The electric choke is also plugged in and opens when the throttle the engine is running and the throttle is pressed (and dies - then closes). Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob[font=Georgia] [/font]
rakiddy

Postby The tech guy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:34 am

Sounds like possibly compression issue.Are you sure your getting a good hot spark? Sounds like it wont pull enough fuel or air into the chamber to mix properly.Should be pretty easy fix. Those engines are good, but the simple crap you (we) overlook
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Postby rakiddy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:03 pm

I will replace the plug & coil and will let you know. I know there is spark but I don't know if there is enough.
Thanks,
Bob
rakiddy

Postby rakiddy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:55 pm

I replaced the Coil Wire & Spark Plug. This was the majority of the problem. The other part of the problem was that I didn't have the exhaust on while I was trying to test run the buggy. As soon as I put it on the buggy now runs like a champ.
Thanks,
Bob
rakiddy

Postby The tech guy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:18 am

Those engines are good, but the simple crap you (we) overlook Like I said! lol Glad shes up n runnin for you
The tech guy
Superior Being
Superior Being

Return to Honda Clones / GY6 / CN / CF / CH250