Is my engine issue considered "Hunting"? Best solu

China Import Engines

Is my engine issue considered "Hunting"? Best solu

Postby 1rustbucket » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:10 am

The Rustbucket seems to have been running great for us so far. We live on old farm land so we only ride it through dirt and lots O' bumps. I started to wear an oval patch in the back acre and actually flipped it a few days ago. The problem came when we took it to a friend of ours house for a ride that has a long stretch of blacktop on his property. As usual the cart ran strong in the dirt kicking dirt up and pulling everyone through the dirt great but for what ever reason as soon as you would turn onto the blacktop it seem to run pretty slow. Almost slow enough to turn without slowing down. When I stopped the kart and gave it gas with the rear wheel off the ground it would surge or "hunt" possibly. Rev chill rev chill rev chill rev chill. The only thing I changed was to disconnect the oil sensor so we wouldn't keep staling in the turns or over big bumps. I'm pretty sure from the videos i've seen of the stock Harbor Freight 6.5hp Greyhound that it goes much faster than mine on the street. What should I be adjusting on this thing to get it dialed in? Thanks for any help you could give me on this one. :dontknow:

Roy
1rustbucket
Rookie
Rookie

Postby 1rustbucket » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:49 am

Not even a best guess, try this,or it could be? Was it something I said? blackeye
1rustbucket
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gofastman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:16 pm

well,first give us some info.is it chain drive,belt drive,etc. if you can some pics
Fix things even if they are not broke. Its called UPGRADES!!
tease
gofastman

Ride: Murray Explorer

Postby PA » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Are you sure it dosent just feel faster going over the bumps?
PA
Committed
Committed

Return to Honda Clones / GY6 / CN / CF / CH250